In Matthew 24:3 Jesus sat on the Mount of Olives, and his disciples came to Him privately.
The disciples: Tell us …what will be the sign of Your coming and of the end of the age?”
Jesus told them several things, then He said:
Learn from the parable of the fig tree.
(paraphrase of Matthew 24:32-33 and Luke 21:29-31)
When the branch of the fig tree and all the trees is tender and puts out leaves, you see and know summer is near.
Likewise, when you see all these things of which I have spoken, you will know the kingdom of God is near, even at the doors.
• Wars and rumors of war, nation rising against nation, and kingdom against kingdom (Matt 24:6-7)
• Famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in diverse places. (Matt 24:7)
• Many will betray one another and hate one another. (Matt 24:10)
• You will see the abomination of desolate, spoken of by Daniel, (the Anti-Christ) standing in the holy place (the temple). (Matt 24:15)
• False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. (Matt 24:24)
• The sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. (Matt 24:29)
When you shall see all these things, you will know the kingdom of God is near, even at the doors.
(Also found in Mark 13:28-29)